New on Remotely Curious
Listen to Episode 4: Etiquette
Etiquette is like dancing. Some people can get out there and freestyle and do just fine. Other people need to learn the choreography to follow the steps and do the dance correctly.
We’ll talk about:
- Getting it right with etiquette when you’re a new employee
- The unspoken set of rules for video meetings (and what not to do)
- Setting expectations around when and how we work
- Getting personal with teammates while staying professional
- How to think of etiquette differently—not as stuffy and formal, but as a way to keep things calm
- Which rules are OK to break in remote work
- Dropbox Virtual First Toolkit | Write for understanding
- Dropbox Work In Progress blog
- Dropbox news
- How users experience Dropbox
- Be explicit. Set the bar for what others can expect from you—and for what you can expect from them.
- Context is everything. What might be inappropriate for one person may not be for another. So try to read the room.
- Don’t manufacture problems in your head. If you’re not getting negative feedback, try not to obsess. And if you’re worried, just ask.
- “Meeting rudeness with rudeness only doubles the amount of rudeness in the world.” – Miss Manners
Learn more at remotely-curious.com.