Now that the lines between home and office are blurred like never before, it’s getting hard to tell where your job ends and life begins.
You spend the day toggling between tasks you’re paid to do and chores you have to do. Your duties overlap from one minute to the next. And you’re often using the same phone, tablet, and laptop to do different kinds of work, whether that’s a presentation for work, a new home schooling program you never could’ve imagined, or organizing your family’s most important documents.
In times of uncertainty, with many people juggling more responsibilities than ever, how do you keep the chaos at bay? Dropbox can help. It’s a digital home base where you can organize, share, and access all your content in a safe, secure way—so you can feel on top of things, no matter which full-time job you’re juggling.
Organize your files, photos, and documents
Whether you’re learning how to home school or looking for a new job, now is a good time to take inventory of everything you’ll need to access in the coming months. When all your files, photos, videos, and documents are organized in one place, you never need to worry where they are.
- Organize different content types in a single place. Photos and traditional files like PDFs can live alongside cloud docs (like Google Docs), shortcuts to web pages, and more. With Dropbox Plus, you get 2 TB (2,000 GB) of storage, so you'll have room for all kinds of content from all your linked devices.
- Break free from your hard drive. With Dropbox, you can store files offline and access them at anytime, or store them in the cloud to save hard drive space when you’re done.
- Find your files quickly by searching for keywords within documents in case you forget where your file was stored. With Dropbox Plus, you can save time getting to the images you need by searching for what you see in the image across JPG, JPEG, PNG, and GIF files.
- Save, organize, and share documents right from your phone. With the document scanner app, you can quickly transform physical paper documents into digital files so you can remove some clutter. The doc scanner makes it easy to name files while you scan, so you’ll be able to tell the difference between W2s and kids’ drawings instead of having all your important docs named things like “0013023.jpg.” If you forget the file name, with Dropbox Professional, you can even search based on the text within scans, thanks to optical character recognition (OCR).
- Access important docs on the go—even when you don’t have WiFi or cell signal. Leave your ID or health insurance information at home? With mobile offline folders, Dropbox Plus users can tag an entire folder to have its contents automatically synced—without having to mark individual files for download—so you can view those docs from your phone or tablet at anytime.
- Upload photos and videos from your mobile device to save space. With the camera uploads feature, you can store your images in the cloud, then remove them from your phone. Simply turn on camera uploads once you’ve downloaded the Dropbox mobile app to get started.
When you’re isolated at home for weeks on end, it gets harder to feel connected and in control. But with Dropbox, you get to decide who can access your shared content, then view who has seen what and when. Whether you want to send long videos, share folders, or collaborate on a project, we make it easy.
Parents can record video of home schooling sessions with a tool like Zoom and save them to folders they can share with other parents. As the content grows, having one well-organized place to access shared videos makes it less work for everyone.
- Share your files, folders, and documents with secure links and send them from your phone, tablet, or computer. Every file you save to your Dropbox can be shared quickly with a simple link and accessed across devices, whether you use an iPhone, Android, Mac or PC. With shared links, you maintain control over the files you share. The recipients will be able to view or download a copy of the file—even if they don’t have a Dropbox account—but you don’t have to worry about them being able to edit or delete the file you share.
- Send collections of photos or videos. Handing off files via email is easy, but attachments have size limits—and it’s not clear when your recipient has viewed them. With Dropbox Transfer, you have a quick, secure way to send large files to anyone—up to 100 MB with Basic and up to 2 GB with Plus.
- Present through pre-recorded video and screen recordings. Dropbox Capture let’s you conveniently share recorded video and screenshots instead of coordinating lengthy meetings. Simply record and highlight key moments on your screen then send it to the team as a secure file link.
- Manage household tasks and personal projects. With Dropbox Paper, you can keep track of all your to-dos and timelines in one easy-to-update document. Plus, Paper makes it easy to collaborate with friends on music and art projects even when they’re far away.
- Keep your family connected and sharing under one Dropbox Family Plan. Members have their own personal account and can easily share things from in a shared Family Room folder. It’s a centralized and secure place for photos, videos, documents, and even password management.
- See who’s accessing your shared files. With the viewer info feature, you can follow what happens to your files and docs after you’ve shared them, so you can follow up when you need to (or just see signs of life beyond your living room).
- Set an expiration date for a shared link. The link expiration feature provides extra control when you want to limit access to your family’s most important documents (available with select plans).
As you might’ve read in recent reports, now that more people are at home and online for more hours every day, there could be an increase in phishing scams and attempted hacking attacks. But with best-in-class security, multiple layers of protection, and advanced rollback features, Dropbox ensures your content is safe.
- Our applications and infrastructure are regularly tested for security vulnerabilities, and hardened to enhance security and protect against attacks
- Public files are only viewable by people who have a link to the file(s).
- Two-step verification is available for an extra layer of security at login. You can choose to receive security codes by text message, authenticator app, or using a hardware-based token like a Yubikey.
- Get peace of mind if your device is lost or stolen. With remote device wipe, you can delete your Dropbox data and log the device out of your account the next time it comes online.
- Roll back file edits and accidental deletions to any previous version for up to 30 days with Dropbox Rewind available with a Dropbox Plus plan.
- Files are encrypted using 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
- Chat directly with Dropbox support to resolve any issue quickly. With a Dropbox Plus plan, you get priority email and chat support if you need help or have questions.