What makes Dropbox Backup better?
- It’s a simple experience. With Dropbox Backup, you can get up and running in a few clicks, and you’ll have one, easy place for your computer and external drive backups. And you can access those files from anywhere at any time.
- It gives you an automated safety net. Dropbox Backup is always on and always protecting and encrypting your files in the cloud – with little or no effort on your part.
- It offers quick recovery. Get your files back fast rather than waiting for a flash drive, then putting each individual file back where it belongs.
And when we say it’s easier than Backblaze, we mean users say it’s easier than Backblaze. You see, we did a little research back in 2021 to compare top-tier backup solutions, and it turns out that the people who use Dropbox Backup agree that it’s easier and more intuitive than Backblaze.
Do you want your files where they belong or in the mail?
Dropbox Backup provides lightning-fast restoration that quickly returns files and folders to their original location. So all you have to do is be grateful.
Backblaze, on the other hand, takes a lot more time:
- You either need to download all your files on the web, or wait for a USB drive in the mail.
- Yes, the mail.
- And once you have it, you have to download those files to your machine and manually move each individual file to its preferred location.
So instead of waiting, worrying and working to physically restore files yourself, you can pick up right where you left off with Dropbox Backup. You can even select which file versions you want to restore — from the most recent to earlier or older copies.
700 million registered users trust Dropbox. Here’s why.
When you buy Backup, you’re getting the secure, reliable, Dropbox brand that’s trusted all over the world. You’re also getting one, safe, centralized place to keep your photos, your resume, your mortgage documents—and now your backups, too—so that every bit of content that’s vital to your life is in one location. Which is not what you get from Backblaze.
Plus, Dropbox has 700,000,000 registered customers who trust our reputation for reliability. Backblaze is under half a million. And when you get Backup, it comes with a Dropbox plan for document sharing and handing as a bonus. Backblaze is just, well, Backblaze.
Dropbox Backup vs. Backblaze: A quick comparison
|Dropbox Backup plan||Backblaze Personal Backup|
|Built On a Secure and Reliable Network Trusted by 700M+ Users Worldwide||Yes||No|
|Restore Files and Folders in Their Original Location||Yes||No|
|Store Files (Photos, Videos and More) and Backups All in One Place, Instead of Spread Out Across Subscriptions||Yes||No|
|Unlimited Backup Storage for 1 Computer and 1 External Drive||Yes||Yes|
|View Backup Files in High Fidelity on Web and Mobile—Without Downloading||Yes||No|